1. Condition More/ Shampoo Less- Washing you hair everyday strips your hair of natural scalp oils that condition your hair naturally and helps with hair breakage. More hair breakage the more you will have to cut!
2.Healthy diet- Eating foods high in Vitamin A and C help keep your hair shiny and conditioned.
3.Avoid using heat tools whenever possible.
4.Trim hair often to keep the split ends off. Split ends will travel up the hair shaft if not trimmed off.
5. Don't brush your hair when wet ,instead run a wide tooth comb through it to get out the knots.
6. Minimize the teasing,which can cause breakage.
7. Drink your daily dose of water.
8.Deep Condition your hair monthly.Even if it is good shape!
9.If you wash often use conditioner instead of shampoo.
10. Love the hair color you have some hair dyes with peroxide can be harsh on your hair and can cause dryiness and damage.
Most importantly be Patient!! :)
I'm on a mission to grow my hair out long.I have been using these tips and I'm loving the results!